Infolinks

How to go to Ninoy Aquino Wildlife Park

Ninoy Aquino Parks and Wildlife Center in Quezon City

If you want a near  destination to bond with nature then Ninoy Aquino Wildlife Park is perfect for you.
It is across the Philippine Lung Center.

If you are tight on budget, you can just ride the MRT and get off at Quezon Avenue station.
For me, it is a walking distance from Quezon Avenue Station. But you can still ask around for a jeepney or taxi.


What I love about Ninoy Aquino Wildlife

1. Affordable Entrance
How much is Ninoy Aquino Wildlife Park and Wildlife Center entrance fee?
     The entrance fee is just a mere 8pesos for adult. I think it is 5 for children. At first, I thought that it so cheap. But then I remember the amount of taxes that we are giving to the government. Anyway, the 8 pesos from each of the visitors will help in taking care of the animals and in maintaning the comfort rooms around the park.

Update:  I read that they cannot adjust the rate suddenly without justification NEDA. Since 1987, DENR-PAWB didnt increased the entrance fee for Ninoy Aquino Park and Wildlife Center. http://businessmirror.com.ph/index.php/en/features/biodiversity/12004-ninoy-aquino-parks-and-wildlife-center-biodiversity-in-the-heart-of-the-metropolis

2. Quick and easy transportation
Another known park around Manila is La Mesa Eco Park.  But you need to travel northward several kilometers more going to Kalookan  to reach this place. On the other hand, Ninoy Aquino Wildlife is just in the middle of Quezon City.

3. Lake

 I think it is man-made lake but it still put me to awe.  I found small tilapias swimming freely on the lake.

There are several japanese inspired cottages on top of the lakes but I was disappointed because the alley going near to them were all blocked.

I'm not sure if they are being open on specific time but it was off limits when I visited on Saturday afternoon.


4. Meeting new animals (Palawan porcupine, Philippine Sailfin Lizard)
I realized that most of the animals in the Philippines were found in Palawan. One of these rare animals is the Palawan Porcupine.  Some resources on the web pointed out that around 25% of the animals in the Philippines are from Palawan

5.The Philippine Eagle
Philippine Eagle in Ninoy Wildlife Park

I know the Philippine Eagle since grade school. I saw several pictures from books, internet, tshirt and logs. I also catched them in televesion shows like Magandang Gabi Bayan or TV Patrol whenever there are newly hatch eagles. But this is the first time that I witnessed the actual size of the Philippine eagle. It's bigger than I expected especially when it is flying and when its wings are stretched.


If you still have time, you can also tour in Quezon City Circle or in Manila Seedling Bank

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...